The NMPG assists the state of New Mexico and surrounding areas, at their request, in the planning, development, and operation of problem gambling public awareness and education initiatives; ensuring timely and easy access to compulsive gambling treatment and prevention services for problem gamblers, their family members, and vulnerable youth via the following:
- Increase problem gambling educational information dissemination to foster a positive and honorable image of responsible gaming initiatives through media awareness campaigns, public signage, and print / online website copy.
- Host statewide Problem Gambling Awareness Continuing Education Conferences that unite current and prospective counselors / therapists committed to providing gambling disorder, treatment, prevention, and research solutions to target demographics in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Involvement in health fair activities (i.e., fun runs) that promote positive coping mechanisms for problem gamblers, their families, and vulnerable youth.
- Additional problem gambling public awareness / educational initiatives are available upon request.
- Collaboration with responsible gaming advocates to obtain legislative support for problem gambling treatment / prevention programs, fundraising initiatives, and public policies that minimize the social and economic affects of pathological gambling in the state of New Mexico.